I am pumped to be linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday link up, although I'm embarrassingly late to the party.
1. Last Sunday, I got a phone call from the Cincinnati Fire Department, a phone call I'm sure nobody wants to get! They informed me that my sweet husband had been in an accident at work. The freight elevator he was using at work closed on his hand. We are so blessed because there are no breaks, no fractures, his hand was just very swollen!
2. As a result of the elevator accident and the stomach flu, I missed three days of school last week. It was crazy! However, this saved my life!
Seriously, it did! All I had to do was type out my plans for the day and leave the binder on my desk with it. The binder had my class list, notes about difficult students, helpful tips, etc. All THREE of the subs I had last week loved it . I am so glad to have it ready for the PDs I'll be attending for the Common Core this spring. Thanks, Amanda! :)
3. I am LOVING this three day weekend. We have yet to have a snow day and I am thankful for the break. I got to spend a chunk of time this weekend making some of my favorite recipes Cooking is one of my favorite things to but is also often the first thing to get neglected when things get busy. It's a huge stress relief for me, so I'm determine to cook as much as I can between now and the rest of the school year!
These are seriously the best brownies on the planet. They are super gooey due to the crumbled up Oreos in the batter. Yum!
I am not usually a pot roast kind of girl but I love these sliders! My husband can't get enough of them.
4. Girls on the Run started last week at my school. I am so proud to be involved with this program and LOVE the difference it makes in the lives of young girls!
5. My husband and I built our home and are slowing working on our house one room at a time. I bought some of these baskets in green and in blue. They have made such a difference in my office! :) They have them in a variety of sizes and colors. Love them!
If you have emailed me this week and I haven't responded, I am so so so sorry. It was the imperfect storm at our house this week with my husband getting hurt and me having the stomach flu. We are both back to work and are excited to be back to a routine! I hope to have the March editions of my fluency games, roll and cover, and a set of spring graphic organizers up and ready soon!